Stomach flu is the common name given to viral gastroenteritis. This is an infection of the intestines and stomach that results in nausea, vomiting, watery diarrhea, abdominal cramps, and on occasion, fever. Naturally, it can make you feel dreadful and you’ll have to miss school, work or important social events. Since there is no specific treatment for gastroenteritis, the usual remedy is to treat your symptoms, hydrate, and rest.
However, one of the best ways to relieve symptoms of stomach flu is with IV hydration therapy. This treatment rehydrates, puts vital nutrients back into your body. And it also can deliver antacids and anti-nausea medications directly into your bloodstream. If you get IV therapy as soon as you begin to notice symptoms, you’ll feel better faster. And you can get back to your regular activities.
What’s Included in An IV Solution for Stomach Flu
When you get IV therapy, the formula will be customized to your needs. The ingredients mix with a sterile saline solution that guarantees 100 percent delivery to the bloodstream. You will likely receive:
- Vitamin B12. Gastroenteritis can make you feel worn out and generally unwell. This will help to boost your energy levels and mood.
- B-complex vitamins. These eight vitamins support many of the body’s functions. They help to support your immune system.
- Vitamin C: This can boost immunity and increase your anti-oxidant levels.
- Anti-nausea medication. Your IV can include ingredients to calm your stomach and make you feel more comfortable.
- When you have gastro, your stomach will produce excess acids. Antacids will neutralize them. This can bring you some relief as you recover.
Book an Appointment with IVMeNow Today!
No one wants to develop stomach problems. Sometimes, despite your best efforts to avoid illness, you can’t always prevent it. Regardless of how you picked up a virus, vomiting, and diarrhea are likely. If you woke up with the tell-tale signs of a stomach bug, contact our highly trained professionals at IVMeNow.
We offer mobile hydration IV services throughout South Florida and we can visit you at your home, hotel, or office. The treatment takes less than an hour. It’ll will boost your body’s ability to fight viral illness. Call us today to get fast relief from your symptoms or get more information about how our treatments work.